Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "tapas.23571113" <ta...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/11 11:00:23 UTC

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Thanks for mootipbehavior. It is awesome. But I would like to inform you that
it isn't working well if I use it any component resides in a ModalWindow. In
that case it is appearing behind the window.

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Posted by Rene Peters <re...@hotmail.com>.
Hi there,

I am trying to use mootips with mixed success. I've added it to a label on
my page but when I run it I get an alert box saying "Unable to get the value
of the property 'msDropDown': object is null or undefined".

It seams like a javacript error but I really have no idea about the how and
why. Googling didn't help much either. Does anyone has an idea about what is
wrong?

Kind regards,

René

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Posted by Rodrigo Heffner <ro...@gmail.com>.
Don't worry about the synchronization of markup ids. Inside my
"populateItem" method I did:

Label moreInfo = new Label("more-info", "more-info");
                moreInfo.setOutputMarkupId(true);
                moreInfo.setMarkupId("more-info" + listItem.getIndex());

and the same thing with the WebMarkupContainer.

--
Rodrigo H M Bezerra

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Posted by Rodrigo Heffner <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cant remember what the mootip panel are doing..
>
> heres the link for the source though:
>
> https://wicket-stuff.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wicket-stuff/trunk/wicketstuff-core/jdk-1.5-parent/minis-parent/minis/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/minis/mootipbehavior/
>

> 2011/7/12 Rodrigo Heffner <ro...@gmail.com>:
>> Thanks again, Martin.
>>
>> I realised earlier that the below only renders the default browser
>> title attribute, so no CSS editing for it:
>>
>> add(new Label("tooltip01", "this is tool tip 01").add(new MootipBehaviour(
>> "This is my tool tip",
>> "I can be very long and even have formatting like <br /> and be
>> <strong>strong</strong>")));
>>
>> Then I tried the following code, but I can't find the class MooPanel:
>>
>> MootipSettings mooSettings = new MootipSettings();
>> mooSettings.setEvalAlways(true);
>> MootipBehaviour behaviour = new MootipBehaviour(new MooPanel());
>> behaviour.setMootipSettings(mooSettings);
>>
>> add(new Label("tooltip02", "this is tool tip 02").add(behaviour));
>>
>> My dependency for this is:
>>
>> <dependency>
>> � � � � � �<groupId>org.wicketstuff</groupId>
>> � � � � � �<artifactId>minis</artifactId>
>> � � � � � �<version>1.4.15</version>
>> � � � � � �<type>jar</type>
>> </dependency>
>>
>> Any ideas, anyone?
>>
>> Sorry for all the questions
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I guess MootipBehavior should deliver this CSS as PackageResourceReference
>>> I have no experience with Mootip...

>>> --
>>> Martin Grigorov
>>> jWeekend
>>> Training, Consulting, Development
>>> http://jWeekend.com

>> --
>> Rodrigo H M Bezerra

Rodrigo H M Bezerra

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rodrigo Heffner <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again, Martin.

I realised earlier that the below only renders the default browser
title attribute, so no CSS editing for it:

add(new Label("tooltip01", "this is tool tip 01").add(new MootipBehaviour(
"This is my tool tip",
"I can be very long and even have formatting like <br /> and be
<strong>strong</strong>")));

Then I tried the following code, but I can't find the class MooPanel:

MootipSettings mooSettings = new MootipSettings();
mooSettings.setEvalAlways(true);
MootipBehaviour behaviour = new MootipBehaviour(new MooPanel());
behaviour.setMootipSettings(mooSettings);

add(new Label("tooltip02", "this is tool tip 02").add(behaviour));

My dependency for this is:

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.wicketstuff</groupId>
            <artifactId>minis</artifactId>
            <version>1.4.15</version>
            <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

Any ideas, anyone?

Sorry for all the questions

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 4:42 PM, rodrigo.bezerra
> <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thank you very much, Martin.
>>
>> I'm using something very similar to the example:
>>
>> add(new Label("tooltip01", "this is tool tip 01").add(new MootipBehaviour(
>> "This is my tool tip",
>> "I can be very long and even have formatting like <br /> and be
>> <strong>strong</strong>")));
>>
>> Two questions:
>> - Where can I edit the Tooltip's CSS? As of now, I see a squared box with a
>> yellow background.
> I guess MootipBehavior should deliver this CSS as PackageResourceReference
>> - Can I set some setting so I can select the text inside the tooltip? When I
>> move my mouse in the direction of the tooltip, it disappears.
> I have no experience with Mootip...
>>
>> Again, thank you for your help and prompt response.
>>
>> --

> Martin Grigorov
> jWeekend
> Training, Consulting, Development
> http://jWeekend.com

Rodrigo H M Bezerra

Re: best way to add tooltips in wicket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
See https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/master/jdk-1.5-parent/minis-parent/minis-examples/src/main/java/org/wicketstuff/minis/MooTipPage.java
The impl is in https://github.com/wicketstuff/core/blob/master/jdk-1.5-parent/minis
It is available in Maven repos too.

Posted by nino martinez wael <ni...@gmail.com>.
If I remember correctly modal windows has max z-index that can be
defined, so it's hard to set the tooltip over.. But one could
overwrite the style for the modal window... But is likely to have been
changed since wicket 1.3..

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
fix its zIndex css property