Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kevin Tse <ke...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/05 11:51:54 UTC

New to Maven, and got frustrated the first time to use it...HELP...

Below there are the messages I got when trying to create a Maven project.
Please help, your reply will be greatly appreciated.
D:\Workspace\MavenPrj>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.kevin.mavendemo
-Dartif
act=app
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'archetype'.
[INFO]
[INFO] Building Maven Default Project
[INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
[INFO]
[INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
'org.codehaus.plexus
.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
[INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
[INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
[INFO] **************************************************************
[INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
[INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
[INFO] Default Properties File:
org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.pr
operties
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.
resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
[INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLo
aderResourceLoader
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
[INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
[INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.
ResourceCacheImpl)
[INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
[INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
[INFO] Loaded System Directive:
org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
[INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
[INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
VM_global_library.vm
[ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
any
resource loader.
[INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
org
.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'V
M_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates

[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT
replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
glob
al in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID: org.kevin.mavendemo
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Using following parameters for creating Archetype:
maven-archetype-quicks
tart:RELEASE
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Parameter: groupId, Value: org.kevin.mavendemo
[INFO] Parameter: packageName, Value: org.kevin.mavendemo
[INFO] Parameter: package, Value: org.kevin.mavendemo
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: null
[INFO] Parameter: basedir, Value: D:\Workspace\MavenPrj
[INFO] Parameter: version, Value: 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error creating from archetype

Embedded error: Artifact ID must be specified when creating a new project
from a
n archetype.
[INFO]
[INFO]

Re: New to Maven, and got frustrated the first time to use it...HELP...

Posted by Kevin Tse <ke...@gmail.com>.

Graham Leggett wrote:

> Kevin Tse wrote:
>
>> Below there are the messages I got when trying to create a Maven project.
>> Please help, your reply will be greatly appreciated.
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> D:\Workspace\MavenPrj>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.kevin.mavendemo
>> -Dartif
>> act=app
>
> [snip]
>
>> [INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: null
>
> [snip]
>
>> Embedded error: Artifact ID must be specified when creating a new project
>> from a
>> n archetype.
>
> Looks like maven doesn't see the artifact ID you specified. Looking at
> your command line, I suspect the command line option is supposed to be
> "-DartifactId=app", double check the docs for the archetype plugin to be
> sure.
>
> Regards,
> Graham
> --

Thank you so much, Graham, the problem solved, it is the command line option
that I typed incorrectly...Thanks.

Re: New to Maven, and got frustrated the first time to use it...HELP...

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Kevin Tse wrote:

> Below there are the messages I got when trying to create a Maven project.
> Please help, your reply will be greatly appreciated.
> D:\Workspace\MavenPrj>mvn archetype:create -DgroupId=org.kevin.mavendemo
> -Dartif
> act=app

[snip]

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <st...@jayway.net>.
On 05/12/2007, Kevin Tse <ke...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Below there are the messages I got when trying to create a Maven project.
> Please help, your reply will be greatly appreciated.

try -DartifactId=app rather than -Dartifact=app

Cheers, Stuart