Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Francois Jannin <f....@free.fr> on 2004/11/02 12:16:22 UTC

memory use increase dramatically on page reload

Hi everybody,

I got a serious problem : each time I reload a page on my Cocoon app,
memory use increase by 6-10mo ! At this rate, you can imagine it quickly
overflows. For the first load I could understand Cocoon needs memory to
cache some stuff(the files for my test are 7k !).  The only things my
pipeline do is to acces some file on Apache Slide Server  through
TraversableGenerator and display Docbook document in html. If someone
have an idea about what is wrong, or how to configure caches in Cocoon,
thanks a lot, because I'm in a deep mess.

Re: memory use increase dramatically on page reload

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Francois Jannin dijo:
> Leszek Gawron wrote:
>
>> Francois Jannin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi everybody,
>>>
>>> I got a serious problem : each time I reload a page on my Cocoon app,
>>> memory use increase by 6-10mo ! At this rate, you can imagine it
>>> quickly overflows. For the first load I could understand Cocoon needs
>>> memory to cache some stuff(the files for my test are 7k !).  The only
>>> things my pipeline do is to acces some file on Apache Slide Server
>>> through  TraversableGenerator and display Docbook document in html.
>>> If someone have an idea about what is wrong, or how to configure
>>> caches in Cocoon, thanks a lot, because I'm in a deep mess.
>>
>> Please state your cocoon version.
>> Have you tried on lastest cocoon svn version?
>>
> I use
>  Cocoon 2.1.5.1
>  Tomcat  5.0.28
>  JDK 1.4.2.04
> Windows XP pro sp1, Pentium 4 2.6ghtz 1go ram

1-Use a newer java version: 1.4.2_06.

2- Use the Cocoon SVN version (2.1.6-dev) or wait to the soon to be
released newer release 2.1.6.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: memory use increase dramatically on page reload

Posted by Francois Jannin <f....@free.fr>.

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.