Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Alaak <al...@gmx.de> on 2012/08/12 21:54:12 UTC

Custom plugin successfully registered but not executed.

Hi,

I am trying to create a very simple Nutch plugin that simply prints
something to the command line or hadoop.log during execution. I followed
the tutorial on setting up Nutch in Eclipse from the Wiki and also the
Tutorial on creating a simple Plugin. I also found another Tutorial
here: http://florianhartl.com/nutch-plugin-tutorial.html#comment-41 and
followed that as well.

After some problems I finally managed to get Nutch up and running and my
Plugin to be registered according to hadoop.log

2012-08-12 21:36:48,578 INFO  plugin.PluginRepository -     Add Field to
Index (myPlugin)

However, regardless of what I am attempting I seem to be unable to make
the plugin actually run. It seems to not be executed. There was a guy
having the same problem in the comments of the second tutorial I
followed and since I am developing under Linux it might be possible that
my problem is related to the following:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Nutch-plugin-ignored-in-linux-works-on-windows-td3191884.html

However none of these questions got an answer up to now? So has there
been some new insight on running custom plugins under Linux (actually
Ubuntu 12.04) or could it be something completely different? Any ideas?

I would absolutely willing to provide you with additional information if
you could tell me what you need.

Regards

Re: Custom plugin successfully registered but not executed.

Posted by Alaak <al...@gmx.de>.
Ah. *headdesk* So this means the Solr Server is required for the Plugin
to be called. Ok. That was not the case when I tried Nutch the last time
(probably one year or more ago). At that time a Lucene Index was used
and I assumed this would still be the case if no Solr Server is
configured. I'll try this. Thanks for the answer to both of you.

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Klemens,