Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Jonathan Hsieh <jo...@cloudera.com> on 2011/07/21 14:40:38 UTC

Re: Exception when load config

[Please subscribe to new flume-user@incubator.apache.org list, bcc
flume-user@cloudera.org, cc flume-user@incubator.apache.org]

The problem you describe with load and save sounds about right but the error
message isn't what I'd expect -- the specific line of code points to failed
initialization when trying to connect to ZooKeeper (which isn't directly
related).

Can you give a rough example of the file you are trying to load?  Also, I'm
assuming you are doing this with an 'exec load' command right?  If you can
give steps to reproduce it becomes much easier for us to debug.

Meanwhile, I've added an general issue [1] to provide actionable error
messages on these preconditions checks and a specific one for this case [2].

[1] https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/FLUME-712
[2] https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/FLUME-715

Jon.

On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 1:33 AM, Junxian Yan <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I tried to load configuration from a file in conf/ when start master. But I
> got below exception information
>
> 100 Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
> 101   at
> com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkArgument(Preconditions.java:75)
> 102   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.ZooKeeperConfigStore.getConfig(ZooKeeperConfigStore.java:338)
> 103   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.ConfigManager.getConfig(ConfigManager.java:72)
> 104   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.flows.FlowConfigManager.getFlowId(FlowConfigManager.java:68)
> 105   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.flows.FlowConfigManager.setConfig(FlowConfigManager.java:280)
> 106   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.flows.FlowConfigManager.loadConfigFile(FlowConfigManager.java:225)
> 107   at
> com.cloudera.flume.master.TranslatingConfigurationManager.loadConfigFile(TranslatingConfigurationManager.java:196)
> 108   at com.cloudera.flume.master.FlumeMaster.main(FlumeMaster.java:555)
>
> I pretty sure the location of configure file is correct and there was the
> config file before start master.
>
> My suspect is:
>
> I configure some logical node for agent and collector. But when I saved
> config to file. I can not find the logcal node setting in the config file.
> Is it correct?

// Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
// Software Engineer, Cloudera
// jon@cloudera.com