Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/08/31 22:20:51 UTC

Re: Tomcat-OpenEJB error (java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getPrincipal()Ljava/security/Principal)

On Aug 31, 2009, at 3:12 AM, Adam Granger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tomcat     :    5.5.12
> OpenEJB    :    3.1.1
> Java        :    1.5.0_18
> O/S        :    Windows XP sp2
>
> I have added a 'manager' role to tomcat-users.xml. At startup,
> openejb.war
> deploys ok, but when I try to access the admin console, I get the
> following
> error:
>
> SEVERE: An exception or error occurred in the container during the
> request
> processing
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getPrincipal()Ljava/security/
> Principal;
>

> If I remove the war, the problem does not occur. I this a api
> compatibility
> issue? Can somebody please help?

This is definitely a case where a Tomcat method we need is simply not
there and the VM is throwing an Error.  I did some digging to figure
out when the Request.getPrincipal() method was added and found the
exact commit:

It looks like this was added in version 5.5.13.  I didn't get a chance
to at how much work it would be to support 5.5.12 and before security
wise.

Do you know if it's possible to upgrade to 5.5.13 or later?

-David