Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by coder java <co...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/19 11:05:17 UTC

TreeView

Hi,
I just follow the Tree View example in svn .
I need to update the content dynamically . Any one please give some idea
how i can do it ?
Thanks in advance
Regards
Sony John

Re: TreeView

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
under tutorials (from the latest trunk), take a look at:
org.apache.pivot.tutorials.explorer.tools.EventLoggerSkin , and
ComponentExplorerWindow (from the Component Explorer Tutorial/Demo),
there are some methods/blocks to traverse a Tree, like this:

    public void selectAllEvents(boolean select) {
        List<TreeNode> treeData =
(List<TreeNode>)declaredEventsTreeView.getTreeData();

        ItemIterator<TreeNode> iter =
Sequence.Tree.depthFirstIterator(treeData);
        while(iter.hasNext()) {
            iter.next();
            declaredEventsTreeView.setNodeChecked(iter.getPath(), select);
        }
    }

the call to depthFirstIterator (used as descripted) should be good for
your case.

Tell me if you need more info.

Bye

Re: TreeView

Posted by coder java <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sandro ,
I was looking on the example ,
i trying to loop through all treeview elements ,But iam not able to get all
tree node as follows .
could you please help
List<?> sf =  treeView1.getTreeData();
              for(Object obj : sf)
              {
                  TreeBranch branch = (TreeBranch) obj;
                  System.out.println(branch.getText());
                  for(int i=0; i<branch.getLength(); i++)
                  {
                    System.out.println(branch.get(i).getText());
                  }

                  //System.out.println(branch.get(0).getText());
                  //System.out.println(tree.toString());

              }

Re: TreeView

Re: TreeView

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@verizon.net>.
Since tree data is just composed of nested Lists, you can use any method in the List interface to modify the structure.