Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Seema Datar <sd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2013/09/03 12:52:37 UTC

ATS to relay TCP connections

Hi,

I was looking at a scenario where I do not want ATS to terminate the TCP connections but just relay them to the origin server. So, for an incoming HTTP request, the tcp connection is setup with the origin server and it is not the traffic server that sets up another connection with the origin server.

Is it possible to et the above behavior with ATS?

Additionally, can I have ATS have the above behavior for all TCP connections and not necessarily HTTP?

Thanks,
Seema

Re: ATS to relay TCP connections

Posted by Ask Bjørn Hansen <as...@apache.org>.
On Sep 3, 2013, at 9:11 , Alan M. Carroll <am...@network-geographics.com> wrote:

> No, you can't do that with ATS because ATS runs in user space, not in the kernel[1].
> […]
> [1]  Yes, I know about netfilter, but ATS doesn't use it and I don't want to get in to a discussion of it on this mailing list.

Isn't this what the "splice()" syscall does?

Ask

--
http://askask.com/

Re: ATS to relay TCP connections

Posted by Ask Bjørn Hansen <as...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Alan M. Carroll" <am...@network-geographics.com>.
No, you can't do that with ATS because ATS runs in user space, not in the kernel[1].

In all seriousness, if this is what you want, why install ATS at all? Why not just use a router or configure the prospective ATS host as a router/bridge?

Otherwise, is there some way to know whether a connection should be terminated by ATS or bypassed, based only on the first SYN packet? That is when the bypass / terminate locally decision must be made.