Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/14 00:35:18 UTC

Parent-only plugin: is it possible?

Hello to all,

I have been using Maven for two weeks now and I find it very good.
It's an amazing piece of work, so congratulations on all the people that
made it (and continue to make it) possible.

I'm having an issue with it, which I'm sure somebody must have had, but I
could not find anything on the past days.

You see, I have a multi-project project called MyProject that has two
subprojects: SubA and SubB.
I just want to be able to execute a plugin at a given goal for MyProject,
but prevent that goal from inheriting to SubA and SubB.

I'm working with a custom plugin for testing purposes called SayHelloPlugin,
that I have annotated with Inherit=false and also in MyProject's pom I have
set the plugin to not inherit (via 'inherited'), but both SubA and SubB
execute SayHelloPlugin nonetheles.

Is there a way to do what I want?
Can we restrict a plugin to the father of the projects?

Thank you all for your support,
Rodrigo Madera

Re: Parent-only plugin: is it possible?

Posted by Rodrigo Madera <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.

Just for the record, I solved the problem yesterday.

It was an error in my configuration indeed, however I don't know exactly
where the error was, since I just modified the configuration in various
places and it worked fine.

Thank you,
Rodrigo Madera