Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Roy Souther <ro...@silicontao.com> on 2002/08/01 00:42:00 UTC

Mandrake defalut mod_perl dose not seem to be working.

Re: Mandrake default mod_perl dose not seem to be working.

Posted by Roy Souther <ro...@silicontao.com>.

Re: Mandrake defalut mod_perl dose not seem to be working.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Roy Souther wrote:

> On Wednesday 31 July 2002 08:40 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:
>
>>What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Try:
>>http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_m
>>od_perl_is_running_
>
> The two tests they recommend give conflicting results. The log file says that
> mod_perl was started. The command line test "httpd -l" says it is not
> compiled in. The problem here is that mod_perl and apache doc recommend that
> you disable httpd and run httpd_modperl in it's place but Mandrake runs both
> httpd and httpd-perl that is the binary they ship with mod_perl. They must
> have renamed it. They both of them and each has it's own set of configuration
> files. So I did wget -S 127.0.0.1 and the mod_perl does not show there. So I
> can not confirm that mod_perl is running or not.

I use Mandrake but I never use apache/mod_perl rpms but build my own, so
I don't know. But it seems that you test the wrong binary 'httpd -l', if
error_log says that you are running mod_perl you are running mod_perl.

> Is there a simple test file I could use to see if it is running? Or some other
> test I could do?

Configure a registry section
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html#Configuring_and_Starting_the_mod_perl_Server
  and run a simple script:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Testing_via_a_CGI_script

Re: Mandrake defalut mod_perl dose not seem to be working.

Posted by Roy Souther <ro...@silicontao.com>.

Re: Mandrake defalut mod_perl dose not seem to be working.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Roy Souther wrote:

> Trying to get HTML::Mason going and I have been told that my problem is that
> mod_perl is not running. I was told to test the value of $ENV{MOD_PERL} in a
> cgi script and if it return true then it was working properly but it did not.
>
> I have gone over the apache conf files many times all day today and they seem
> to be correct with the mod_perl documentation but it does not work. The
> system is Mandrake 8.2.
>
> Reading the log files there does not seem to be any error but their are
> entries for the starting and stopping of apache.
>
> I am at a loss. I have installed all the Mandrake rpms and checked the conf
> files.
>
> Does anyone have mod_perl working on a Mandrake system?
> Any ideas for things that could be wrong?

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? Try:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#How_can_I_tell_whether_mod_perl_is_running_

If it's not, then check that you've enabled mod_perl (you have to
actually change httpd.conf to enable mod_perl). This short doc should
get you up to speed:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/getwet.html