Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Jesse Alexander (KADA 11)" <al...@csfs.com> on 2002/12/18 13:53:14 UTC

taglibs-jndi and WLS 6.1 (sp2)

Hi,

I try to use the jndi-taglib within a web-app deployed to weblogic 6.1.

I get the following exception-report:
Parsing of JSP File '/listurl.jsp' failed:
 /listurl.jsp(5): Error in using tag library uri='http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/jndi-1.0' prefix='jndi': There is no setter method for property 'object', for Tag class 'org.apache.taglibs.jndi.GetAttributeTag'
probably occurred due to an error in /listurl.jsp line 5:
<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/jndi-1.0" prefix="jndi" %>
Mon Dec 09 13:14:51 CET 2002

When I change the parameter of the setObject-method from DirContext to Object, the  tags can be used without this error.

The JSP-spec say that the attributes must follow the JavaBeans conventions. If this is meant to be strict, then the JNDI-tags are not valid: the getObject-method returns a java.lang.Object and the setObject-method receives a DirContext parameter.

Tomcat and JRun 4 accept the tags.

My question now are:
- Is the JavaBeans conventions statement in the JSP-spec strict or not?
- Which servlet-engine is correctly implemented: Tomcat and JRun or Weblogic?

regards
Alexander