Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "B.J. Faught" <wf...@calpoly.edu> on 2004/08/27 09:03:06 UTC

Access denied to .htc file

I'm using an .htc file for mouseover and mouseout behaviors.  When viewing
the page from my desktop (not through Cocoon) it behaves fine.  But when I
view the page through Cocoon, I get a JavaScript error saying it could not
access the file (access denied).  For both cases the HTC file was in the
same location with the same name.  I've tried pointing to the file using an
absolute path (e.g. C:\path\to\file.htc) and using the Cocoon context (e.g.
/template/htc/file.htc).

Do I have to specify something in the sitemap for the behavior file to work?
This doesn't make sense to me, but I can't think of any other reason for
this happening.  I've never run into this problem before, either in static
HTML pages nor in server pages.  Maybe it has something to do with being
transformed (XML/XSL)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Windows XP Home
Internet Explorer 6.0
Cocoon 2.1.5

Re: Access denied to .htc file

Posted by KOZLOV Roman <ro...@opencascade.com>.
Did you try to get them by the similar way as for javascript files (with
appropriate mime-type):

<map:match pattern="support/*.htc">
   <map:read src="support/{1}.htc" mime-type="text/x-component"/> </map:match>

Roman

RE: Access denied to .htc file

yes, you have to specify something in the sitemap ;o)

-- snippet --
<map:match pattern="support/*.htc">
   <map:read src="support/{1}.htc" type="resource"/> </map:match>
-- snippet --

where resource is defined within your sitemap, up near the top within the
map:readers element:

-- snippet --
<map:readers default="resource">
<map:reader logger="sitemap.reader.resource" name="resource" pool-size="32"
src="org.apache.cocoon.reading.ResourceReader"/>
</map:readers>
-- snippet --

for more, take a look here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-users@xml.apache.org/msg27614.html

greetings,
MicFra

Zitiere "B.J. Faught" <wf...@calpoly.edu>:

> I'm using an .htc file for mouseover and mouseout behaviors.  When
> viewing the page from my desktop (not through Cocoon) it behaves fine.
> But when I
> view the page through Cocoon, I get a JavaScript error saying it could
> not
> access the file (access denied).  For both cases the HTC file was in
> the
> same location with the same name.  I've tried pointing to the file using
> an
> absolute path (e.g. C:\path\to\file.htc) and using the Cocoon context
> (e.g.
> /template/htc/file.htc).
>
> Do I have to specify something in the sitemap for the behavior file to
> work? This doesn't make sense to me, but I can't think of any other
> reason for
> this happening.  I've never run into this problem before, either in
> static
> HTML pages nor in server pages.  Maybe it has something to do with
> being
> transformed (XML/XSL)?

> Jeff
>
> Windows XP Home