Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lekha Menon <le...@patni.com> on 2006/01/18 09:47:22 UTC

[users@httpd] Slow start of Apache 2.0.55 on AIX 5.3

Hi,

I have installed Apache 2.0.55 on AIX 5.3 machine.
For installation, i have used  the command "configure --prefix=<PATH of
Apache Installation>".

Apache was installed properly without any errors.

However on startup, i.e. execution of "apachectl start", it starts apache v
slowly. Same for "apachectl stop". I have not modified the httpd.conf file,
it is same as the one created during installation.

On the same machine, when i later installed Apache 1.3.29, this version is
fast unlike Apache 2.0.55

Can anyone pls point out what the reason could be.

Thanks in adv,
Lekha

http://www.patni.com

kindly delete  this e-mail from your records. If it appears that this
us immediately at netadmin@patni.com and delete this mail.

Re: [users@httpd] Slow start of Apache 2.0.55 on AIX 5.3

Posted by Lekha Menon <le...@patni.com>.
I have checked the logs, but they do not show any error msg in it.
The error_log contains msg -
[Wed Jan 18 13:21:25 2006] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal
operati
ons
[Wed Jan 18 13:24:50 2006] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

This is normal operation comments.

Posted by Mahesh S Kudva <ma...@robosoftin.com>.
check the logs. They are always handy.

Regards & Thanks