Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/30 13:56:09 UTC

[QUESTION] baremetal router

People,

in the following code the baremetal-vr.py configuration script is started
unconditionally, this means it will be started on ssvm and cpvm as well.
but also on virtual routervms;

CMDLINE=$(cat /var/cache/cloud/cmdline)
router=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=router)
vpcrouter=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=vpcrouter)

if [ "$router" != "" ] ||  [ "$vpcrouter" != "" ]
then
   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max
   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_max
   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/nf_conntrack_max
fi

python /opt/cloud/bin/baremetal-vr.py &

Does it make sense to at least move it inside the if block above so it is
only started on routers?
Or does anybody know how to distinguish that we are running on baremetal
and guard for that condition?

--
Daan

Re: [QUESTION] baremetal router

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
thakns Hari, I'll make a small pr for putting the baremetal-vr.py under a
condition.

Posted by Harikrishna Patnala <ha...@accelerite.com>.
Hi Daan,

Yes, this should run only in Virtual Router. Instead of moving it to existing “if” block, better to have a seperate check only for normal router, since we don’t support baremetal deployment in VPC.

Regarding the later question, with the current implementation I don’t think we can distinguish whether PXE service enabled on the router or not, or we can also initiate this agent on VR from management server using sshCmdHelper just before deploying the baremetal instance.

Regards,
Harikrishna

On 30-Mar-2016, at 5:26 pm, Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> People,
>
> in the following code the baremetal-vr.py configuration script is started
> unconditionally, this means it will be started on ssvm and cpvm as well.
> but also on virtual routervms;
>

> CMDLINE=$(cat /var/cache/cloud/cmdline)
> router=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=router)
> vpcrouter=$(echo "$CMDLINE" | grep -o  type=vpcrouter)
>
> if [ "$router" != "" ] ||  [ "$vpcrouter" != "" ]
> then
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_max
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/netfilter/nf_conntrack_max
>   echo 1000000 > /proc/sys/net/nf_conntrack_max
> fi
>
> python /opt/cloud/bin/baremetal-vr.py &
>

> Does it make sense to at least move it inside the if block above so it is
> only started on routers?
> Or does anybody know how to distinguish that we are running on baremetal
> and guard for that condition?
>
> --
> Daan

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.