Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Jeantine Mankelow <je...@corp.peace.com> on 2006/07/10 06:36:20 UTC

Icons not appearing for SelectManyShuttle

We have just started using the selectManyShuttle component, but the
move/move-all/remove/remove-all icons are not showing up.

I had a go at debugging it and I can see that NullIcons are getting
returned. It seems our skin is pointing to the minimal-desktop.xss,
however I can't see any entry in this file for the shuttle component,
nor in any of the other xss files in the same directory in the jar.  Any
ideas why this doesn't work?

Alternatively could someone tell me how I can extend the skin, so we can
add our own icons for this component.

Thanks,
Jeantine

Re: Icons not appearing for SelectManyShuttle

Posted by Si...@DMR.CA.
Hello Jeantine,

You can find useful tutorial about custom skins at the following URLs:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/101/howtos/adfskins/index.html
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/jdev/htdocs/partners/addins/exchange/jsf/doc/skin-selectors.html

As a small summary for your specific case, you have to:

1) Create an adf-faces-skin.xml file in the WEB-INF folder of your
application with a format looking like

<skins xmlns="http://myfaces.apache.org/adf/view/faces/skin">
  <skin>
    <id>mySkin.desktop</id>
    <family>mySkin</family>
    <render-kit-id>org.apache.myfaces.adf.desktop</render-kit-id>
  </skin>
</skins>

2) Create a mySkin.css file in /skins/mySkin/

3) In that CSS, add the following selectors:
.AFShuttleMoveIcon:alias
.AFShuttleMoveAllIcon:alias
.AFShuttleRemoveIcon:alias
.AF ShuttleRemoveAllIcon:alias

4) For each of those selectors, set the content property as a relative URL
to the image you want to use. For example:
.AFShuttleMoveIcon:alias
{
  content: url('/skins/mySkin/skin_images/MyMoveIcon.gif');
}

5) Create the image file you want to use in the folder you specified in
the selectors

6) In adf-faces-config.xml file (found in WEB-INF folder), set
theskin-family property to your newly created skin. For example:
<skin-family>mySkin</skin-family>

Regards,

Simon Lessard
Fujitsu Consulting