Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ma...@micorp.com on 2004/06/02 20:37:27 UTC

Weird Classloader Scenario - Is This Possible?

Hi,

We have a fairly generic servlet framework that is used across more than
one web app deployed to tomcat 4.1.30 on win2k using java 1.4.2_03-b02.
The framework was initially included in the WEB-INF/lib for each
application.  However, I was hoping the framework jar could reside in
shared/lib.  This framework code basically uses a request handler to pass
incoming requests to a webapp-specific request processor.  The request
handler instantiates a request processor via
handler.getClass().getClassLoader().loadClass(SOME_PROCESSOR).newInstance().
 Basically, as expected, the classloader fails to load the request
processor class with the framework jar now in shared/lib.

Is there a loader scheme that I can use in the shared/lib jar that can be
used to instantiate classes from my webapp (WEB-INF/classes)?

Thanks!
Matt Hanson