Posted to users@maven.apache.org by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com> on 2008/09/16 23:16:17 UTC

clean won't delete stuff that isn't in ./target

I'm having an issue where if there is a parent pom and a child pom, mvn
clean won't use it's configured directories included in the plugin
configuration.

It reports its scanning them, but opts to do nothing:

   <plugin>

    <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>

    <version>2.2</version>

    <configuration>

     <filesets>

      <fileset>

       <directory>C:\some\other\dir</directory>

       <includes>

         <include>deleteme\**</include>

       </includes>

      </fileset>

     </filesets>

     <verbose>true</verbose>

    </configuration>

   </plugin>

I see this:

[INFO]    task-segment: [clean]

[INFO]

[INFO] [clean:clean]

[INFO] Deleting file-set: C:\some\other\dir (included: [deleteme\**],
excluded: [])

[INFO] Scanning for deletable directories.

[INFO] Re-scanning for deletable files.

[INFO] [cobertura:clean {execution: default}]

But everything is still there - any suggestions?

RE: clean won't delete stuff that isn't in ./target

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
That seems screwy and unnecessary.

I still don't understand the relevance of this property/test.  Can someone highlight it for me?

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

?

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>.
To all that have replied -

#1 - How would this block of code ever get executed in my case?
#2 - That second if statement, filesetDir does not contain the project basedir at all, so this code prepends it to each fileset?!

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
try deleteme/** instead.

Additionally, having an absolute path in there seems like a bad idea
unless there is a very specific reason for it!

- Brett

2008/9/17 EJ Ciramella <ec...@upromise.com>:
> I'm having an issue where if there is a parent pom and a child pom, mvn
> clean won't use it's configured directories included in the plugin
> configuration.
>

> It reports its scanning them, but opts to do nothing:
>

>   <plugin>
>
>    <artifactId>maven-clean-plugin</artifactId>
>
>    <version>2.2</version>
>
>    <configuration>
>
>     <filesets>
>
>      <fileset>
>
>       <directory>C:\some\other\dir</directory>
>
>       <includes>
>
>         <include>deleteme\**</include>
>
>       </includes>
>
>      </fileset>
>
>     </filesets>
>
>     <verbose>true</verbose>
>
>    </configuration>
>
>   </plugin>
>

> I see this:
>

> [INFO]    task-segment: [clean]
>
> [INFO]
>
> [INFO] [clean:clean]
>
> [INFO] Deleting file-set: C:\some\other\dir (included: [deleteme\**],
> excluded: [])
>
> [INFO] Scanning for deletable directories.
>
> [INFO] Re-scanning for deletable files.
>
> [INFO] [cobertura:clean {execution: default}]
>

> But everything is still there - any suggestions?

--
Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/