Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Steve Kelem <s_...@pacbell.net> on 2004/01/26 22:56:39 UTC

Re: "Unknown source" in stack trace

On 2002-10-08 Matt Benson wrote:

You should try passing -Djava.compiler=NONE to your
Java executable (in combination with compiling with
debugging).

-Matt

--- Ian McCall <br...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> When using ant to compile and install source/class
> files, my stack traces always show (Unknown Source)
> instead of (SourceFile.java: line#). This makes
> debugging much more of a chore.

I'm trying to debug someone else's code and having the same problem.
Where to I pass -Djava.compiler=NONE to the executable?

I've compiled (in ant) with debug="true", debuglevel="lines,vars,source",
and even tried including the source tree in the jar file.
By the way, the code I'm trying to debug is an external ant task, with
the jar file in ant/lib.

Thanks,
Steve Kelem