Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Arnab Sengupta <ar...@in.ibm.com> on 2004/07/02 12:00:08 UTC

Why Cocoon Stops processing all Requests URI the moment one of them has an exception;CInclude

Hi All,

I have a Cocoon pipeline that takes a huge xml as input. The stucture of
xml is:

<Root>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
<Message>
<!--- Other elements inside it -->
</Message>
</Root>

Now I have an xsltc transformer taking an xsl, internally calls same
cocoon URI, based on occurance of "<Message>" tag.

<xsl:foreach select="Message>
            <xsl:variable name="messageURL">
cocoon://labData?messageNo=<xsl:value-of select="position()"/>
</xsl:variable>
            <cinclude:include ignoreErrors="true" src="{$messageURL}" />

</xsl:foreach>

Now when any one of these URI's fired through CInclude gets an exception,
other URI's are never processed at all. I mean i am not very sure whether
other URI's gets fired or they are aborted. Can someone please tell me
what will happen, if URI fired by the occurance of 2nd <Message> gets an
exception. Will the URI for 3rd Message be fired at all? Or if fired it
will be aborted in middle..?

Also can anyone tell me whether CInclude waits for response of the URL
fired by it to return an xml ?

Thanks And Best Regards,

Arnab Sengupta
IBM Global Services
Plot X1-7, Block - EP/GP, Saltlake
Kolkata - 700 091
Telephone: +91 33 23579110 extn 3460(office)
Email: arnabsen@in.ibm.com

Re: Why Cocoon Stops processing all Requests URI the moment one of them has an exception;CInclude

Posted by Arnab Sengupta <ar...@in.ibm.com>.
Hi Leszek,
Thanks very much for your help. We were stuck in a very critical stage of
our project and your views really helped us.

Thanks And Best Regards,

Arnab Sengupta
IBM Global Services
Plot X1-7, Block - EP/GP, Saltlake
Kolkata - 700 091
Telephone: +91 33 23579110 extn 3460(office)
Email: arnabsen@in.ibm.com

Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>
07/02/2004 04:09 PM
Please respond to
dev

dev@cocoon.apache.org
cc

Subject

Arnab Sengupta wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have a Cocoon pipeline that takes a huge xml as input. The stucture of

> xml is:
>
> <Root>
> <Message>
> <!--- Other elements inside it -->
> </Message>
> <Message>
> <!--- Other elements inside it -->
> </Message>
> <Message>
> <!--- Other elements inside it -->
> </Message>
> </Root>
>
> Now I have an xsltc transformer taking an xsl, internally calls same
> *cocoon URI*, based on occurance of "*<Message>*" tag.
>
> <xsl:foreach select="Message>
>             <xsl:variable
> name="messageURL">*cocoon://labData?messageNo=<xsl:value-of
> select="position()"/>*</xsl:variable>
>             <cinclude:include ignoreErrors="true" src="{$messageURL}" />
>
> </xsl:foreach>
>
> Now when any one of these URI's fired through CInclude gets an
> exception, other URI's are never processed at all. I mean i am not very
> sure whether other URI's gets fired or they are aborted. Can someone
> please tell me what will happen, if URI fired by the occurance of 2nd
> <Message> gets an exception. Will the URI for 3rd Message be fired at
> all? Or if fired it will be aborted in middle..?
ignoreErrors attribute is only taken into account when using
cinclude:includexml tag.

Re: Why Cocoon Stops processing all Requests URI the moment one of them has an exception;CInclude

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.