Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org> on 2013/02/01 22:42:40 UTC

async multi requests in the Java client

Can anyone jog my memory about why we didn't implement multi requests with
async callbacks for the Java client like we did in the C client?
I think it's not a great precedent to set because now we have bugs that
have been discovered in the implementation of multi on the server side that
are easily reproducible only via the C client, see:

Multi was a big project so I can understand why we let this go for the
first impl, but unless there's a technical reason not to support it in the
Java client it would be a good fix for us to put it in there as well,
especially in light of this issue.

Thoughts?

Re: async multi requests in the Java client

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Yeah.  It was an oversight.  I did the java client and I ten not to think much about the asynchronous interfaces so I never designed anything along those lines.

Should be hard to add.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Marshall McMullen <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Camille Fournier <ca...@apache.org>.