Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/05 10:03:51 UTC

Different Indexing formats for Older Lucene versions and Solr?

Hi All

A quick doubt on the index files of Lucene and Solr.

I had an older version of lucene (with UIMA) till recently, and had an index
built thus.
I shifted to Solr (3.3, with UIMA)..and tried to use the same index. While
everything else seems fine, the Solr does not seem to recognize the index
format.
It still shows zero documents.

I noticed from an older Solr application I used, that index directory
contained files like .fdt, .fdx, .fnm, .nrm, .prx, .tii, .tis and
segments_2v, segments_gen files.
But, my lucene application contains only .cfx, .cfs and segments files.

Is there a way to use my old lucene index in the new Solr application?

Sowmya.

--
Sowmya V.B.
Losing optimism is blasphemy!

Re: Different Indexing formats for Older Lucene versions and Solr?

Posted by "Sowmya V.B." <vb...@gmail.com>.
I was using 2.4 or 2.5. It was a 2yr old Lucene version.

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.