Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/02 15:34:42 UTC

Re: Remove o.a.j.BaseException?

Hi,

I've now removed the custom root cause mechanism in BaseException and
added a more specific NameException base class for the o.a.j.name
exceptions.

I'm fine with keeping the BaseException class for now.

PS. I also removed the exception constructors that allowed an
exception to be created without an explanatory message. It is good
practice to always include a error message in the exceptions, and IMO
the exception API should enforce this.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Software craftmanship, JCR consulting, and Java development