Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru> on 2001/03/13 11:00:11 UTC

[C2] New installation problem with Tomcat 4.0b1and JDK 1.3

Hi, again!

I solved Cocoon2 installation problem with libraries:
the jars that had to be removed was: crimson.jar, japx.jar from Tomcat lib
directory.

Now I get another error: org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap
handler's sitemap is not available.

Can anybody tell me why does this happen?

I learn from Cocoon logs that the sitemap could not be compiled. This is the
message:
DEBUG   7951    [cocoon  ] (Thread-2): Language Exception
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
sitemap_xmap:
Line 0, column 0:
D:\jakarta-tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0-b1\work\localhost\cocoon\org\apache\coc
oon\www\sitemap_xmap.java:21: Class javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest
not found in import.

Is this an error somewhere in sitemap.xsl logicsheet?

The other warning from logs is this:
WARN    6369    [cocoon  ] (Thread-2): Could not expand
Directory:D:\JBuilder40\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Attempted to
retrieve directory listing of non-directory D:\JBuilder40\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext
D:\JBuilder40\jdk1.3 is my JAVA_HOME environment variable value.
I have no such a directory etc in %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\. What's wrong with my
JDK?

My configuration:
Windows NT 4.0 Sp6
Tomcat 4.0b-1
Sun JDK 1.3
Cocoon2 from the yesterday's CVS snapshot.

Help is very appreciated.

Best regards,

Konstantin Piroumian
Software engineer

Protek Flagship LLC
Phone: + 7 095 795 0520 (add. 1288)
Fax: + 7 095 795 0525
E-mail: kpiroumian@flagship.ru
http://www.protek.com

Re: [C2] New installation problem with Tomcat 4.0b1and JDK 1.3

Posted by "Piroumian, Konstantin" <KP...@flagship.ru>.
> If you use the latest nightly of Catalina you do not need to rename or
> remove any jars, but you need to add the following to the web.xml for
> cocoon.
>
>     <init-param>
>        <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
>       <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
>       <param-value>%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
>     </init-param>
>

> try this for B1 or go to the nightly.

Thank you for your answer.
This didn't help, but it gave me the idea how to solve this problem: I
simply compied servlet.jar from Catalina into the Cocoons WEB-INF/lib
directory and it worked.

Is that a correct Cocoon param (extra-classpath)? Why didn't it work? Any
suggestions?

So, I can conclude, that to install Cocoon2 with Tomcat 4.0b-1 we will need
to:

1. Remove crimson.jar and maybe jaxp.jar from %CATALINA_HOME%\lib

2. Enable Cocoon to find the servlet.jar either by coping it from Catalina
into Cocoon's WEB-INF\lib or adding additional init-param to Cocoon's
web.xml (it didn't work in my case):
     <init-param>
        <!-- change param value to path to Catalina's servlet.jar -->
       <param-name>extra-classpath</param-name>
       <param-value>%CATALINA_HOME%\common\lib\servlet.jar</param-value>
     </init-param>

Regards,
    Konstantin Piroumian.

Re: [C2] New installation problem with Tomcat 4.0b1and JDK 1.3