Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/08/13 22:56:51 UTC

speak at Apache Big Data in Budapest about Phoenix?

Hello Phoenix developers,
Our Phoenix talk was accepted for the Apache Big Data Europe conference in
Budapest (Tue, Sep 29th). Unfortunately, I have a conflict so I won't be
able to present. Would anybody like to take my place and talk about Phoenix
there? I'm happy to provide a starter slide deck - see below for abstract -
and I'm sure folks would find it interesting if you worked in your own use
case.
Thanks,
James

Abstract
This presentation will begin by giving a "State of the Union" of Apache
Phoenix, a relational database layer on top of HBase for low latency
applications, with a brief overview of new and existing features. Next, the
approach for transaction support, a work in-progress will be discussed.
Lastly, the current means of integrating with the rest of the Hadoop
ecosystem will be examined, including the vision for how this will evolve
going forward.