Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 18:32:40 UTC

Issue Recording the Script

I have had no problem in the past recording through badboyand exporting it
to jmeter or recording the script through jmeter itself.

But today while I am trying to do follow either process the response i am
getting for each sampler is always same.

For example:
I recorded the script for login.
1 step : open the login page
2 step: user inputs username and password
3 step: it displays the dashboard page
4 step: i tried clicking couple links after login was successful

After record was completed I started the script or test again with view
result tree.
Sampler 1 Request: login page  Response in view result tree: login page
Sampler 2 Request: Display the dashboard page Response in view result tree
: login page
Sampler 3: Request: Click on some link Response in view result tree: login
page

I dont know what is wrong or why it is giving the same login page response
for each and every request which is not login request.

Re: Issue Recording the Script

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.
the issue is been fixed ...basically I recorded the script in badboy and
exported to jmeter and by default it had redirect automatically i switched
that to follow redirects and the problem got solved.

Posted by Mak Pandian <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Umesh,

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by bobMeliev <b....@gmail.com>.
While writing article about  HTTPS Recording
<blazemeter.com/blog/recording-https-traffic-jmeters-proxy-server>   I faced
similar error and wasted a lot of time trying to figure out what's wrong.
The reason was Google Analytics.

Related to your problem, I think you can do three things:

1. Check "Clear cookies each iteration" in HTTP Cookie Manager, so without
cookie you should see your default home page.
2. If you can pass ticket id value with GET or POST, just pass JMeter
function as value, for example ${__Random(1,100)}.
3.  Inject cookie with Beanshell Preprocessor
<https://capacitas.wordpress.com/2013/06/11/thats-the-way-the-cookie-crumbles-jmeter-style-part-2/>
.

Re: Issue Recording the Script

Posted by umesh prajapati <pr...@gmail.com>.