Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "SANSONE, AARON M [Non-Pharmacia/1000]" <aa...@monsanto.com> on 2001/10/11 18:07:27 UTC

C2 SQL Transformer Query returns elements without values...

In an attempt to use the Cocoon2 Database connection facilities to retrieve
data from an Oracle Database, I created a simple mysql.xml page to process a
simple query transformed by the SQL Transformer:

   <map:transformer     name="sql"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.SQLTransformer"/>

Here is the xml page that is transformed by the SQL Transformer:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<page xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">

 <title>Hello</title>
 <content>
  <para>This is my first Cocoon2 page filled with sql data!</para>

  <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
   <query name="individual">
        select * from Individual
   </query>
  </execute-query>

 </content>
</page>

However, the results of the Query are troublesome.  The row count and
elements created are correct, however the values for the cells are missing!
Example:

<page xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
<title>Hello</title>
<content>
<para>This is my first Cocoon2 page filled with sql data!</para>

  <rowset nrofrows="363" name="individual"
xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
<row>
<individual_id/>
<name/>
</row>
<row>
<individual_id/>
<name/>
</row>
</rowset>

</content>
</page>

The database has data in it and results are being returned by the query
judging by the number of rows that are displayed but the values are missing.
Anyone know why this happens?

Thanks!

Aaron