Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Dandelion Steph <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 01:32:10 UTC

OpenOffice Keeps Crashing

OpenOffice keeps crashing after less than a minute of use. It did not
always do this, for I have used it for years without any major problems.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on a 64-bit Operating System and
using OpenOffice 4.1.1. I have uninstalled and re-installed OpenOffice, but
it has not resolved the problem.

I know there is a forum for these problems, but I do not want to register
there to make only one post. I have checked the forum for a solution. While
one topic seems to discuss the same problem, it seems unresolved or
inapplicable for my operating system.

Resolving this issue is important because I use OpenOffice everyday and
have no substitute for it.

Re: OpenOffice Keeps Crashing

Posted by Dave Barton <db...@tasit.net>.
> OpenOffice keeps crashing after less than a minute of use. It did not
> always do this, for I have used it for years without any major problems.
>
> I am running Windows Vista Home Premium on a 64-bit Operating System and
> using OpenOffice 4.1.1. I have uninstalled and re-installed OpenOffice, but
> it has not resolved the problem.
>
> I know there is a forum for these problems, but I do not want to register
> there to make only one post. I have checked the forum for a solution. While
> one topic seems to discuss the same problem, it seems unresolved or
> inapplicable for my operating system.
>
> Resolving this issue is important because I use OpenOffice everyday and
> have no substitute for it.

It sounds like your "user profile" may have become corrupted. Your "user
profile" is not removed when the software is uninstalled.

A possible solution is to rename your "user profile". Please see:
https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?p=58403

If the above does not work for you, please try and provide as many
answers as you can to the information Dennis requested in another email.

Hope this helps.

Dave

RE: OpenOffice Keeps Crashing

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.
Please provide more on what leads up to the crash.

1. How do you open Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1?

2. Do you have a working network connection at the time?

3. What is the symptom of the crash?  Any messages?  What were you just doing, if anything.

4. How do you get out of it?

 - Dennis