Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Wayne Pedersen <wa...@data-trak.net> on 2004/10/11 06:50:50 UTC

Compact Repository?

Is there a way I can compact a repository?  For example, I have a
repository that is getting quite large.  I do not need any revisions
before revision 58.  Is there a way I can delete all revisions 1-57 to
reclaim some disk space?

Thanks,

Wayne P.

Re: Compact Repository?

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Wayne Pedersen <wa...@data-trak.net> writes:
> Is there a way I can compact a repository?  For example, I have a
> repository that is getting quite large.  I do not need any revisions
> before revision 58.  Is there a way I can delete all revisions 1-57 to
> reclaim some disk space?

Not currently, except to do 'svnadmin dump' followed by 'svnadmin load'.

See svnbook.red-bean.com and do

   $ svnadmin help dump
   $ svnadmin help load

for more information on how to omit revisions this way.

-Karl