Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kumark <di...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/04/03 15:52:03 UTC

Is there an AJAX Panel in Wicket

I was wondering if there is a AJAXPanel available in wicket. If a page has 10
panels with in it, I want all of them to load in an asynchronous fashion,
which ever is available first and so on, Instead of waiting for all the 10
panels to load before the page is displayed?

Many Thanks.

Re: Is there an AJAX Panel in Wicket

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
I think AjaxLazyLoadPanel does the job exactly as you desribe it.

Regards,
    Erik.

Posted by Michael Sparer <mi...@gmx.at>.
wicket has plenty of ajax components out of the box. i think what you're
looking for is the lazyloading panel which is from wicket-extensions (i
think)

have a look at the example(s) on wicketstuff.org:
http://www.wicketstuff.org/wicket13/ajax/lazy-loading.1

kumark wrote:

> I was wondering if there is a AJAXPanel available in wicket. If a page has
> 10 panels with in it, I want all of them to load in an asynchronous
> fashion, which ever is available first and so on, Instead of waiting for
> all the 10 panels to load before the page is displayed?
>
> Many Thanks.

-----
Michael Sparer
http://talk-on-tech.blogspot.com

Re: Is there an AJAX Panel in Wicket

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.
cant be done for the components
the think you can do is what is slow (the data for the components) and do
that in another thread(s)
and then poll if it is ready

johan

Posted by Erik van Oosten <e....@grons.nl>.
Oops, AjaxLazyLoadPanel is not asychronous. Wicket does not have the
ability to do more then one request concurrently within the same
session. They are pipelined.

(Sorry for previous message, pressed send too soon.)

Regards,
    Erik.