Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Cunningham Emmett <ea...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/10 01:49:45 UTC

IIS Redirector confuses responses

  Occasionally when under heavy load User1 will
  receive the response associated with the request
  from User2.

  This is VERY rare and Users find this feature
  undesirable.

  This does not happen running Standalone or using the
  iPlanet redirector.

Configuration:
  Running IIS standalone and communicating through
  the IIS redirector. Both IIS and Tomcat run on the
  same Win2K machine running with SP6.

  Tomcat : 4.1.18
  IIS redirector : JK2 Version 2.0.3

I'd really appreciate:
  - any confirmation of sightings elsewhere.
  - any suggestions of how we MIGHT be able to
re-produce this on demand.

This is not a flippant request for help. This bug has
been sited about 6 times in total and I have no idea
how many hours (person months/years) have been spent
trying to re-create this prior to requesting help
on this venue.

with appreciation,