Posted to user@struts.apache.org by debussy007 <de...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/22 15:53:45 UTC

Problem with forward mapping when I invalidate the session

Hi,

My web application allows a user to authenticate via a database.
When he submits his username and password, the request goes to the
AuthentificationAction.

In this action, I want to clean the session if he already had something in
the session
(e.g. he connected with a username and then he wants to connect with another
one -> need to clean the session which he used with the first username)

if(request.getSession().getAttribute(PLConstants.IS_AUTH) != null)
          request.getSession().invalidate();

The problem is that when I am in such a case (if the user had already
something in session and tries to connect with another user), I invalidate
the session but then when I try to forward:

return mapping.findForward("isKnown");

I stay in the authentication page. The URL has change though and if I press
F5 I enter the main page.

Can anyone help me with this error ?

Thank you for any help !