Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2003/01/22 18:32:29 UTC

multi-refs in Axis-generated SOAP responses

Is it possible to specify in a server deployment .wsdd (for a service provided by the axis 1.1beta webapp in Tomcat 4.1.18) that the soap responses should not use multirefs?  I know how to turn it off in Axis clients, but not how to configure it to be off in a server.  Does the whole axis engine have to have it turned off if it can be configured externally?

Jeff

Re: multi-refs in Axis-generated SOAP responses

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
I found the answer myself:

   <service ...>
      <parameter name="sendMultiRefs" value="false"/>
    ...</service>
works in the server, and something similar might work in the client if you
use a .wsdd deployment descriptor.

To do it in your client code, you say:
call.getService().getEngine()
  .setOption(org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.PROP_DOMULTIREFS,
                           new Boolean(false));

(it's also an Axis Engine config parameter.
Jeff

Posted by Nicholas <nw...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry, I do not have an answer, but how do you turn it
off in the client ?

--- Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Is it possible to specify in a server deployment
> .wsdd (for a service provided by the axis 1.1beta
> webapp in Tomcat 4.1.18) that the soap responses
> should not use multirefs?  I know how to turn it off
> in Axis clients, but not how to configure it to be
> off in a server.  Does the whole axis engine have to
> have it turned off if it can be configured
> externally?
>
> Jeff

=====
Nicholas Whitehead