Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Rukshan Chathuranga <rc...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/16 17:19:08 UTC

How to get TabletId

Hi,

how can i get the id of each Tablets?

Thanks and Regards.

*Rukshan Chathuranga.*

*Department Of Computer Science & Engineering,*

*Faculty Of Engineering,*
*University Of Moratuwa. **Sri Lanka.*

*WEB: http://www.rukspot.com/ <http://rukspot.com/>*

Re: How to get TabletId

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
A tablet is uniquely identified by : (table id, end row, and previous end
row).  In the Accumulo internal code KeyExtent is used to hold this info.
Other internal code can extract KeyExtents from the the metadata table.
Are you interested in a pointer to this code? Its not public API, but I can
help you find the code if thats what you are looking for.

Inoder to avoid leaking sensitive on the monitor page, KeyExtent has a
method that returns hash((table id, end row, and previous end row).   This
hash could serve as an ID.  Or you could hash, encrypt, encode etc info
that yourself with a different  function.

Re: How to get TabletId

Posted by Rukshan Chathuranga <rc...@gmail.com>.

Re: How to get TabletId

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.