Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eero Volotinen <ee...@smstracker.net> on 2001/05/14 08:44:41 UTC

tomcat server takes all of my ip addresses?

Well, my tomcat is running Linux box with one networkcard, but it have 2
public ip-addresses (using ip aliasing).
When I start tomcat, it takes both ip addresses to its use.

How I configure tomcat to use only one ip address? Because I need to run
apache on other ip address.

--
Eero

Re: tomcat server takes all of my ip addresses?

Posted by Oki DZ <ok...@bdg.pindad.com>.
Eero Volotinen wrote:
> No, because I want that both run port 80, but in different ip addresses?
> Is this possible in same machine?

Try to define the following (it's in the server.xml):
      <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="myhost.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

In my case, the machine myhost has another IP address, which is mapped
to another domain. I have tried to access my webapp using the other
domain; I couldn't. BTW, more of my server.xml:

    <!-- Define the top level container in our container hierarchy -->
    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>
      <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
      <Host name="myhost.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
unpackWARs="true">

Oki

Re: tomcat server takes all of my ip addresses?

Posted by "Noel E. Lecaros" <sp...@mozcom.com>.
Just a suggestion, but have you tried configuring IP-based virtual sites on
Apache, and then have one of the sites forward everything to Tomcat?

sponks

Posted by Eero Volotinen <ee...@smstracker.net>.

Posted by Ross Dyson <rd...@reef.com>.