Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by dito subandono <di...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/31 01:01:07 UTC

hadoop and talend integration

Hi there everyone

I'm still new in Hadoop and would like to ask some question. Here is the
situation.

Talend is a data integration tool that can extract data from many sources,
manipulate them and send the result to the target system (in my example
from a CSV file to MySql database). With talend's GUI editor I can make
the Java code just by draging n droping the components, then configure
the properties of each components.  I set the CSV input file is from my
local drive then map it to get the fields and then transfer it to MySql
database with Insert command generated by the mapper.

I can export the code into Plain Old Java Object and it also include the .sh

file that can execute the script.

My question is how do I make that script work in Hadoop? Do I have to make
a template code so my Talend script could work.

Thank you very much for the help