Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/05/09 09:33:22 UTC

how to store XML/conf in repository

Hi all,

How do you suggest me to store conf artifacts in repository ?

Let's take an example : Struts 1.2.7 comes with an XML file for
validator rules "validator-rules.xml".

Would it be a "best practice" way to setup some
"${repository-root}/struts/xmls/validator-rules-1.2.7.xml" or
"${repository-root}/struts/conf/validator-rules-1.2.7.xml"

I'd like to ask the struts community to add this one to apache
repository, so I ask it to you before.

Nico.

RE: how to store XML/conf in repository

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

> How do you suggest me to store conf artifacts in repository ?

A configuration file contains configuration information for a particular
program on a specific computer. So, I don't think it is a good way to store
conf files in repository.

> Let's take an example : Struts 1.2.7 comes with an XML file for
> validator rules "validator-rules.xml".

This one is just a set of general rules. For instance, I have added inside
some generic constants and my own common validators.

I hope it will be helpful.

Regards,

Vincent