Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Marco Gallotta <ma...@gallotta.co.za> on 2012/08/17 22:28:43 UTC

Problem connecting to server localhost:60020

Hi there

I just expanded my hadoop&hbase from a single node in fake distributed mode to a cluster of 3 nodes. Most things were working fine, but when I run a mapreduce I get the following error on the non-master nodes:

2012-08-17 08:04:27,758 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.HBaseRPC: Problem connecting to server: localhost/127.0.0.1:60020

60020 is the regionserver port. That should only be running on master. So why is it pointing to localhost on the non-master nodes? The only reference to localhost in the config is the ZK quorum (I couldn't find a way to use anything else).

Any idea what I might have misconfigured? Let me know what config files/etc. might be helpful to diagnose.

--
Marco Gallotta | Mountain View, California
Software Engineer, Infrastructure | Loki Studios

Re: Problem connecting to server localhost:60020

Posted by Marco Gallotta <ma...@gallotta.co.za>.
It looks like master is listening on 127.0.0.1. Error from one of the non-master nodes regionserver logs:

2012-08-16 18:02:57,366 WARN org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Unable to connect to master. Retrying. Error was:

…

And netstat:

netstat -nlpt | grep 60000
tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:60000         :::*                    LISTEN      -

Hmm…how would I get master to listen on 0.0.0.0?