Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2005/07/22 02:07:34 UTC

JCR integration

Hi Lenya devs,

Lenya now supports JCR :)

Just kidding, it's not fully integrated, but the content can be
stored in JCR. To migrate your publication to JCR, follow these steps:

1) Call the "Import into JCR" usecase to migrate the content:

    http://localhost:8888/index.html?lenya.usecase=jcr.import

    (select your publication and click OK)

2) Correct the node type configuration in cocoon.xconf:

     <component-instance class="org.apache.cocoon.jcr.source.JCRSourceFactory"
name="jcr">
       <folder-node new-file="nt:file" new-folder="nt:folder" type="rep:root"/>
       <folder-node new-file="nt:file" new-folder="nt:unstructured"
type="nt:unstructured"/>
       <folder-node type="nt:folder" new-file="nt:file"/>
       <file-node content-path="jcr:content" content-type="nt:resource"
type="nt:file"/>
       <file-node content-ref="jcr:content" type="nt:linkedFile"/>
               <content-node type="nt:resource"
                             content-prop="jcr:data"
                             mimetype-prop="jcr:mimeType"
                             lastmodified-prop="jcr:lastModified"
                             validity-prop="jcr:lastModified"/>
     </component-instance>

     I guess this configuration has to be reviewed.
     I just copied it from the JCRSourceFactory javadocs.

3) Set the JCRNodeFactory as default node factory in
    java/org/apache/lenya/lenya.roles

   <role name="org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.NodeFactory"
         shorthand="node-factory"
         default-class="org.apache.lenya.cms.jcr.JCRNodeFactory"/>

5) Delete the content directory of your publication.

4) Restart Jetty.

Now your content is stored in the JCR repository.

Of course this is in alpha state, feel free to give it a try and report
problems in Bugzilla.

-- Andreas

Re: JCR integration

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Hi Lenya devs,
>
> Lenya now supports JCR :)

BTW - Michi, thanks a lot for your preparations!

I just used the JCR block and, up to now, it works just fine :)

-- Andreas

Re: JCR integration

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

solved this ... After reading the code and thinking a bit, it was quite
obvious.

You first need to to the import, *then* (afterwards) change the
implementation of

org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.NodeFactory

from

org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.SourceNodeFactory

org.apache.lenya.cms.repository.JCRSourceFactory

in lenya.roles.

Otherwise the copy routine (when trying to read
lenya://lenya/pubs/default/content/authoring/sitetree.xml) will try to
read the sitemap.xmap from the JCR in order to put it there. Sort of a
chicken and egg problem.

Regards,
Torsten

X - Pubs 2007!

Posted by Elodie Eudier <eu...@yahoo.co.uk>.

Europe’s largest XML Conference X-Pubs 4th & 5th of June
2007(http://x-pubs.com) is worth a look.
Covers XML / DITA / CMS. 2006 was brilliant.
 End-users from Bombardier, Schlumberger, BMJ, and the Irish Government are
presenting their stories, AND Michael Priestly (IBM), Steve Manning (Rockley
Group), and other experts from IBM, Adobe, PTC Arbortext,, XyEnterprise,
Mekon, etc.

Re: JCR integration

Posted by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org>.

Re: JCR integration