Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2006/07/13 10:04:54 UTC

Classloading issue in 2.2

Re: Classloading issue in 2.2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:
> Just to make sure: It works for you in an independant servlet container
> (not in the jetty6:run).
>
> Because the problem I have is that I have a 2.2. project with
> packaging=war with additional java classes which will end up in
> target/classes first (compile phase), WEB-INF/classes next (war plugin)
> and finally in WEB-INF/cocoon/classes (cocoon:deploy plugin) but those
> were not found when deploying target/cocoon-webapp into a different
> servlet engine.

Ok, my first test was not correct as I forgot to delete the jar from the
lib directory...(whistle)

But just check out the latest cocoon-bootstrap version and the problem
will be fixed :)  - the urls for directories did not contain the
required "/" at the end, the "/" tells the url class loader that this is
a directory and not an archive.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: Classloading issue in 2.2

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Classloading issue in 2.2

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati schrieb:

> After again playing around a bit with 2.2 I have a strange issue with
> the new shielded classloading stuff.
>
> Give you have 'cocoon:deploy' the cocoon-webapp module and copied it
> into a standalone jetty/tomcat webapps directory everithing runs smooth.
>
> Now if you unjar the WEB-INF/cocoon/lib/cocoon-core-2.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
> into WEB-INF/cocoon/classes (which I suppose should yield the same
> behaviour) I got a
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServletListener
>          at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1352)
>
> Looking at the BootstrapClassLoaderManager class I cannot see why this
> happens. Can someone verify this?

No :) It works perfectly for me. Strange.