Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by David Bourget <ro...@dbourget.com> on 2000/04/13 15:21:45 UTC

w3c schemas in xerces-j

Hi all,

I already posted this on the xerces-dev list but got no reply. Well, I'm
trying again :

I'd like to know who is working on w3c schemas support in xerces-j and what
have to be done to support the current draft (7 apr).  I explored the code
and found big chunks commented. I've read the java/STATUS file but it does
not seems current (it is dated of the 19 feb if I remember well).

I'm very interested in an efficient w3c schema aware parser and I would like
to contribute if those currently working on it are willing to share the work
with me. I will simply provide patchs if my contribution is welcome.

David

Re: w3c schemas in xerces-j

Posted by Mike Pogue <mp...@apache.org>.
All the traffic is moving here, from the xerces-dev list.

Xerces-J has a lot of Schema already implemented!  However, the spec
is still changing, and we're still tracking it as quickly as possible.

Contact Andy Clark (andyc@apache.org) or Jeffrey Rodriguez (jeffreyr_97@hotmail.com)
if you want to help (thanks!).  Andy and Jeff are doing a lot of the Schema work
on Xerces-J right now.

Mike