Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org> on 2000/05/30 00:40:18 UTC

DB Prism - A DB Producer for Cocoon 1.7.x is in Beta ready for download

Hi all:
  DB Prism - A DB Producer for Cocoon 1.7.x is in Beta ready for
download at http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/cgi-bin/wrap/mochoa/Prism

Here the changes:
1.0.0-beta
   - Correct problem of high workload.
   - Testing with JMeter to view performance spec. Results are comming
soon.
      Emulating Oracle Web Server 4Kbytes page size / 6 concurrent
users:
             200ms average => 14 Million pages a week.

      Integrate with cocoon (Hello World example):
         - 342 bytes XML data (From DB producer - DB Prism)
         - 763 bytes XSL data (static file - 4 templates)
        - 350 bytes HTML output
         190ms average => 18 Million pages a week.

     On a Sun Ultra-250 server/ two processor 512Mb ram /Solaris 8/ JDK
1.2

   - Update Rational Rose UML Model.

1.0.0-alpha2
   - Tested with Cocoon 1.7.3
   - Add installer with InstallAnyWere
   - Correct several bugs in ResourceManager which affect transaction
support.
   - Add Documentation about Prism Internals and Design.
   - Add ConnectionWrapper to permit that XSP Pages reuse connection
from Resource Manager.
   - ExcelFormatter is not included. Cocoon 1.7.3 permit reuse the
TextFormatter with differents mime types.
   - Demos on-line at
http://yarara.exa.unicen.edu.ar/servlet/plsql/demo.startup

1.0.0-alpha
   - Initial version.
   - Add support for Oracle Lite databases with Java Stored Procedures.
   - Complete Re-design with Design Patterns.
   - New toolkit in Java to generate XML tags in Java Stored Procedures.

   - Tested with Cocoon 1.7.2
   - Support for toolkit of OAS 4.x (only at level of htp & htf
packages)
   - Documentacion and Specifications in UML.

OWSKiller 3.0.4i-Cocoon-prod
   - Last version of popular Servlet Engine supported under this name.

Re: DB Prism - A DB Producer for Cocoon 1.7.x is in Beta ready for download

Posted by Michael Beddow <gl...@smlc01.leeds.ac.uk>.
> "Marcelo F. Ochoa" wrote:
> >
> > Hi all:
> >   DB Prism - A DB Producer for Cocoon 1.7.x is in Beta ready
for
> > download at
http://www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar/cgi-bin/wrap/mochoa/Prism

> Could you please tell me the IP for I get a "host not found"
error.
> Argentina is quite a long way away ;->

Weird. I can't ressolve that address either from a shell on my
uni account.

[gll6mb]% nslookup www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar
can't find www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar: Non-existent host/domain

But from my dial-up account with a commerical ISP it resolves
fine

C:\>nslookup www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar

Name:    sgi1.exa.unicen.edu.ar
Address:  170.210.115.2
Aliases:  www1.exa.unicen.edu.ar

Looks like Argentina is hiding from the academic world...

Michael

Michael Beddow
University of Leeds UK

Re: DB Prism - A DB Producer for Cocoon 1.7.x is in Beta ready for download

Posted by Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>.

--
Matthias Brunner <mb...@blumenstrasse.vol.at>
KeyID 1024/5B89D501 (for info see http://www.gnupg.org)