Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srinath Perera <he...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk> on 2003/09/19 04:43:25 UTC

EJB provider and JSR109

Hi All

Am looking at the JSR109 spec.

I see that the axis has EJB provider with it. I want to know does EJB
provider gives the minimal functionalty or is it powerful enough to
supply the EJB functionalities the JSR109 speaks about.

I am only started with it. But to continue it will be very helpful what
are any Limitations (if there is any) in EJB provider.

Can Anybody give me any  pointers.

Thanks for your time

Srinath

Re: EJB provider and JSR109

Posted by Sebastian Esponda <se...@hotpop.com>.
I've used it without no problem, I understand Axis typemapping is JSR109 compatible, but
you must avoid using Objects that requires special mapping, only use object types listed
  in the spec, and don't use any Axis-specific feature (handlers, scopes, etc.)

I'm using primitives, Date, String and standard JavaBeans. My return type is always a
JavaBean, using locals.

The best you can do is looking the EJB Provider source code, you will notice how it
locates the local/remote interface and then delegates the introspection work the same
way the standar Java provider does.
If you need more control you can write a bridge object, as I did before using this provider.

Then, if you move to and application server wich supports JSR109, you only have to
remove Axis from your ear and put the correct deployment descriptors, referencing your
Stateless Bean. The server will do something very similar to Axis then, but maybe you
will need some adjustements to get a WSDL with the same structure as Axis generated before.

Regards,