Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Wentzel <Mi...@aswethink.com> on 2001/07/25 20:46:49 UTC

RE: File Not Found Error

> I am not sure how you have defined your servlets.
>
> For a servlet called MyServlet, a URL like the following is
> recommended:
> http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/MyServlet
>
> "servlet" needs to be lowercase.
>
> Gautam

One word, documentation.  The Tomcat docs are fairly straight
forward in this regard.  In addition you can look at the examples
that come with Tomcat.  While this is an arena for helping each
other with problems it is(or at least should be) expected that
you have read the docs, played with it some, read the archives,
and repeated the above steps.  It sounds to me like you don't
have your server.xml, web.xml and classfiles setup correctly.

I suggest you start from the bottom and work your way up:
Does tomcat run correctly(root context)?
Do JSP's run correctly?
Then start with a servlet...

---
Michael Wentzel