Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Henze <dh...@googlemail.com> on 2010/09/03 16:56:00 UTC

How to customize GridPager component

  Dear community,

I have some particular requirements for displaying data and did already
extend the Grid to provide some custom template. Now I have the need to
customize the grid pager as well, but am failing so far. I started off
with duplicating the code and then changed beginRender method to create
more customizable code (basically additional divs for css styling).

In my Grid class I do set the pager to my class (MatchpatchGridPager)
with standard parameters as before:

@Component(parameters = {
             "source=dataSource",
             "rowsPerPage=rowsPerPage",
             "currentPage=currentPage",
             "zone=zone" })
     private MatchPatchGridPager pager;

But when executing the code I get the following exception:

de.matchpatch.components.MatchPatchGridPager cannot be cast to
org.apache.tapestry5.corelib.components.GridPager

This approach did work fine for GridRows and GridColumns where I did
overwrite the template. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks
Daniel