Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jeromy Evans <je...@blueskyminds.com.au> on 2007/10/24 05:31:14 UTC

Re: AJax remote DIV flickering ...

Giovanni Azua wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I have within a S2 self updating Ajax remote DIV a displaytag table
> that flickers terribly. Is there any cheap way to get rid of the
> flickering?
I think this is an interesting question.  Its inevitable that for a
moment the content of the div will be replaced in the DOM and that may
cause the browser to flicker.  I'd be interested to see if others have
suggestions to avoid this.

Ensure you have showLoadingText="false" and no indicator within the
target div.  Next I suppose you need to minimise the time it takes to
render the new table. For instance, preventing dojo from parsing the
result (albeit there's no built-in support to do this in struts 2.0.x)
and ensuring any javascript blocks are at the end of the result.

My only other suggestion would be that you don't use displaytag at all
and instead use an ajax table/datagrid that updates content only rather
than the markup+content.

cheers,
 Jeromy Evans