Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/09 19:51:40 UTC

csv with tab delimitter

I have a route like the following:

        <route>
            <from uri="file://tracnet?charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
            <c:split streaming="true">
                <c:tokenize token="\n"/>
                <unmarshal>
                    <csv delimiter="\t"/>
                </unmarshal>
                <to uri="log:org.hisp.dhix?showAll=true"/>
            </c:split>
        </route>

My camel context complains that the delimitter should be of length 1 when I
try to load this.  It seems it sees my escaped tab as 2 characters?  Is
there a workaround I am missing?

Regards
Bob

Re: csv with tab delimitter

Posted by Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Claus, I have done so

Interestingly, while creating the issue in jira I was not able to set the
component to camel-csv.  So either nobody has found any issues with
camel-csv or everybody is using something else (like bindy or flatpack).
 Camel-csv is just what I need for this application , if I could just get
the tabs to be recognized ..   Anyway I filed the issue (incorrectly) under
extras.

Cheers
Bob

Re: csv with tab delimitter

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Fell free to log a JIRA ticket for this to be fixed/improved
http://camel.apache.org/support

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM, Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using 2.11.1
>

> On 10 August 2013 08:02, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> What Camel version do you use?
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bo...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > I have a route like the following:
>> >
>> >         <route>
>> >             <from uri="file://tracnet?charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
>> >             <c:split streaming="true">
>> >                 <c:tokenize token="\n"/>
>> >                 <unmarshal>
>> >                     <csv delimiter="\t"/>
>> >                 </unmarshal>
>> >                 <to uri="log:org.hisp.dhix?showAll=true"/>
>> >             </c:split>
>> >         </route>
>> >
>> > My camel context complains that the delimitter should be of length 1
>> when I
>> > try to load this.  It seems it sees my escaped tab as 2 characters?  Is
>> > there a workaround I am missing?
>> >
>> > Regards
>> > Bob
>>

>> --