Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Srecko Joksimovic <sr...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/09 23:31:10 UTC

RE: Taxonomy linking

Hello Rupert,

Could you please give me an example of annotation various types of
documents?

As I understood from
http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/docs/trunk/enhancer/engines/metaxaengine
.html

And

curl -i -X POST -H "Content-Type:text/html" -T testpage.html
http://localhost:8080/engines

MIME type should match to document type. But (maybe this is going to be
stupid question). when I annotated text, I called method like this:

IOUtils.write(_string_to_annotate, out);

IOUtils.closeQuietly(out);

For document of any type, I should probably convert document content to byte
array, and then call similar method?

I'm asking this because I didn't see the possibility to provide document URL
and to get results. I suppose that this would be the only way?

Best,

Srecko

Re: Taxonomy linking

Posted by srecko joksimovic <sr...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much!

That was the information I needed.

Best

Re: Taxonomy linking

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
On 09.01.2012, at 23:31, Srecko Joksimovic wrote:

> Hello Rupert,
>
> Could you please give me an example of annotation various types of documents?
> As I understood from http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol/docs/trunk/enhancer/engines/metaxaengine.html
>
> And
>
> curl -i -X POST -H "Content-Type:text/html" -T testpage.html http://localhost:8080/engines
>
> MIME type should match to document type. But (maybe this is going to be stupid question)… when I annotated text, I called method like this:
> IOUtils.write(_string_to_annotate, out);
> IOUtils.closeQuietly(out);
>
> For document of any type, I should probably convert document content to byte array, and then call similar method?
> I’m asking this because I didn’t see the possibility to provide document URL and to get results. I suppose that this would be the only way?

Generally the MIME type of the content MUST  match the parsed value of the Content-Type header. Maybe the Metaxa engine has also some way to detect the MIME type based on the content, But I do not know if this is the case.

It is also true that for binary documents you need to use byte oriented methods of IOUtils. However I would also consider to "stream" the data directly from the file to the OutputStream of the POST request to avoid loading the whole content into memory.