Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Manuel Sugawara <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/03 02:29:03 UTC

Tapestry 5.4-beta-6 No service implements the interface org.slf4j.Logger.

Hi,

I'm trying to play a little bit with 5.4-beta-6 but our application that
runs on tapestry 5.3.7 isn't starting, the error is:

org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: No service implements
the interface org.slf4j.Logger.

Any clues on what I am missing?

Regards,
Manuel.

Re: Tapestry 5.4-beta-6 No service implements the interface org.slf4j.Logger.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
I'm guessing you're trying to @Inject a logger into a service.
>From memory, I *think* that loggers can only be @Inject'ed into pages and
components.
Components have additional behaviour availble to @Inject that services do
not. See InjectWorker/InjectProvider

Posted by Barry Books <tr...@gmail.com>.
do you have this in your pom file

<dependency>

    <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>

    <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>

    <version>1.7.2</version>

</dependency>

Posted by Ilya Obshadko <il...@gmail.com>.
Just bumped into the same problem in TynamoJpaModule:

@Startup

public static void addJpaEventListener(@Autobuild
ElasticSearchIndexMaintainer indexMaintainer) {

indexMaintainer.start();

}

Fails in exactly the same way, with "No service implements the interface
org.slf4j.Logger" error message.

--
Ilya Obshadko

Re: Tapestry 5.4-beta-6 No service implements the interface org.slf4j.Logger.

Posted by Manuel Sugawara <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,