Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@apache.org> on 2007/03/27 02:24:00 UTC

[RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC2 (and Apache-SizeLimit 0.91-RC3)

This release is basically exactly the same as RC1 with the exception that
it includes Apache-SizeLimit RC3 (both to be released simultaneously once
the RCs are golden)

Grab them here:
 http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.30-rc2.tar.gz
 http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/Apache2-SizeLimit-0.91-rc3.tar.gz

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC2 (and Apache-SizeLimit 0.91-RC3)

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
>>I added a note in the Changes file that Apache-SizeLimit was pulled in
>>from CPAN (at the soon to be simultaneously released 0.91) - the diff
>>between SL.pm in 1.29 and 1.30 is huge, but we hadn't recorded it anywhere.
>

> I got that update and I'll include it in the final release, no need to
> re-RC for just that change though.

yup, agreed :)

--Geoff

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC2 (and Apache-SizeLimit 0.91-RC3)

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@apache.org>.
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
>> This release is basically exactly the same as RC1 with the exception that
>> it includes Apache-SizeLimit RC3 (both to be released simultaneously once
>> the RCs are golden)
>>
>> Grab them here:
>>  http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.30-rc2.tar.gz
>
> I added a note in the Changes file that Apache-SizeLimit was pulled in
> from CPAN (at the soon to be simultaneously released 0.91) - the diff
> between SL.pm in 1.29 and 1.30 is huge, but we hadn't recorded it anywhere.

I got that update and I'll include it in the final release, no need to
re-RC for just that change though.

> so, +1 with that minor doc update.  all tests pass for me.

Coolio!

>>  http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/Apache2-SizeLimit-0.91-rc3.tar.gz
>
> yeah, this needs to be Apache-SizeLimit, as philip already mentioned.

Yeah, and I noticed the MAINTAINER_BUILDING_RELEASE magic only too late.

Apache-SizeLimit-0.91-rc4.tar.gz forthcoming.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC2 (and Apache-SizeLimit 0.91-RC3)

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> This release is basically exactly the same as RC1 with the exception that
> it includes Apache-SizeLimit RC3 (both to be released simultaneously once
> the RCs are golden)
>
> Grab them here:
>  http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/mod_perl-1.30-rc2.tar.gz
In the below chart, +1 means this:
All tests successful, 8 tests skipped.
Files=37, Tests=405,  5 wallclock secs ( 3.02 cusr +  0.62 csys =  3.64 CPU)

FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE i386
gcc 3.4.6

5.6.2   PASS
5.8.1   PASS
5.8.2   PASS
5.8.3   PASS
5.8.4   PASS
5.8.5   PASS
5.8.6   PASS
5.8.7   PASS
5.8.8   PASS

+1

>  http://people.apache.org/~gozer/mp1/Apache2-SizeLimit-0.91-rc3.tar.gz
-1

Gozer, this should be Apache-SizeLimit-X.tar.gz, for historical yada yada.
(Note the lack of a 2)

http://search.cpan.org/~drolsky/Apache-SizeLimit-0.9

3/4. Configure
      MAINTAINER_BUILDING_RELEASE=1 perl Makefile.PL

et al, was added in 0.91 to account for this by me, I can back merge
this if you want --

I'm not sure how Dave R. rolled .9,
you might just need to make sure you didn't accidentally pick up mp2
during the perl Makefile.PL

1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.

Re: [RELEASE CANDIDATE] mod_perl-1.30 RC2 (and Apache-SizeLimit 0.91-RC3)

Posted by "Philip M. Gollucci" <pg...@p6m7g8.com>.
> it also might make sense to slide 1.28 and 1.29 over to /old on the dist
> page.  I know we generally keep a few back versions visible there, but
> in this case I think breaking that guideline is desirable.
+1

Posted by Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>.
Perrin Harkins wrote:
> +1.  I tried my application's test suite on mod_perl built from this
> source and everything passed.  Looks good.

by my count, that's +1 votes from

  perrin
  philip
  philippe
  geoff

which meets the 3 +1 vote from pmc members required for a release.  as
such, philippe will be transforming the release candidates into official
releases this afternoon.

the official release announcement should include the verbiage perrin
wrote, which can be found in the HEADER.html file at
http://perl.apache.org/dist/.  above the Changes listing I'd think.

Posted by Perrin Harkins <ph...@gmail.com>.
+1.  I tried my application's test suite on mod_perl built from this
source and everything passed.  Looks good.

- Perrin