Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by johne <je...@yahoo.com> on 2008/11/03 20:39:46 UTC

Re: Velocity-Tiles plugin code available

Do the Tiles developers have a view on whether or not a final version of this
generous code donation would continue to be reliant upon Spring.  This is a
fairly large dependency compared to what Tiles already relies upon.

Have always in the past (with Tiles 1) love the interaction between Tiles,
Velocity, and Struts.

JohnE

-----
JohnE

http://jobbank.com/ jobbank.com

Re: Velocity-Tiles plugin code available

Posted by Antonio <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/11/3 johne <je...@yahoo.com>:
> Do the Tiles developers have a view on whether or not a final version of this
> generous code donation would continue to be reliant upon Spring.  This is a
> fairly large dependency compared to what Tiles already relies upon.

It won't. The code has been moved to the archive too for a reason:
preserve the dependency to Spring for a future use.
The plugin itself will make use only of Velocity, Tiles and dependent libraries.

> Have always in the past (with Tiles 1) love the interaction between Tiles,
> Velocity, and Struts.

I hope it will be the same with Tiles 2 :-D

Antonio